What is the ISO?
The ISO is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that has a membership of 160 national standards institutes from countries in all regions of the world. It has developed more than 18,000 standards for all dimensions of sustainable development: economic, environmental, and social.
3 of the ISO’s that Ash is certified in are:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- ISO 45001: 2018 (replaces OHSAS 18001) Health and Safety Management System
WHY DO WE CHOOSE TO CARRY OUT THESE REQUIREMENTS?
ISO 9001 – Quality Management
Shows our dedication to build processes that ensure the consistent high quality of the products and services we deliver. The standard reviews how we are creating, aligning, streamlining and improving processes throughout the company. The assessment proves our dedication to the continuous improvement of the organization, the demonstrable quality of our work and shows how seriously we regard quality management.
What are the advantages of the ISO 9001 Certification?
- Conformity with our customer requirements
- Independent check of compliance
- Indicates an efficient Quality System
- It gives us International and National identification
- It provides Ash with a competitive advantage
- It gives our customers the confidence of consistency of quality of products and services
- It enables Ash to provide a proactive culture of prevention and improvement
- It allows Ash to take a risk-based approach as it helps us to address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
ISO 27001– Information Security Management
Demonstrates how we are committed to keeping information assets secure. The assessment reviews how we keep information assets secure using risk management processes. It ensures that Information Security Management Systems are created, implemented, maintained and refined to keep information available to the right people whilst proving we treat those assets with confidentiality and integrity along with GDPR/DPA compliance along the way.
What are the advantages of the ISO 27001 Certification?
- Reduce time lost dealing with breaches.
- Reduce time taken to reinstate system after breaches or potential breaches.
- Avoid the financial penalties and losses associated with data breaches.
- Protect and enhance our reputation
- Comply with business, legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements
- Improve structure and focus
- Reduce the need for frequent audits
- Obtain an independent opinion about our security posture
- Win new business
- Sharpen competitive edge
ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety
Proves our commitment to employee health and safety. The assessment looks at the measures being implemented proactively to provide a safe and reliable working environment. Reviews of systems and processes ensure that we are creating and enforcing best practice in the workplace for our employees resulting in reduced risk and a safer working environment, delivering work to the highest of standards in the safest way
What are the advantages of the ISO45001 Certification?
- Worker confidence through participation and consultation.
- Provide a framework for better identification of hazards, risks, and opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with worldwide legislation.
- Improve the efficiency of internal operations, reduces accidents, and eliminates dangers.
- Help to ensure the safety of all who interact with the business’s activities.
- Improve business performance through a reduction in workplace illness and injuries whilst increasing productivity.
- Staff will also be involved through consultation and participation which will ultimately create a culture of safety throughout our business.
This week was our Annual Audit for these 3 ISO’S and I am pleased to say that We have passed with a first-class pass with no minors and no observations, the audit took 1 and a half days and the auditor said he has never met a company so thorough as Ash and it made his job so much easier.
This is a team effort and now this is on one single platform it will be a lot smoother going forward and by using the ISOs as a framework it helps us to set the standards to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and governing requirements which allows our customers to think bigger.